Friday, April 10, 2009

Today

From Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Today I found out something that pissed me off. I found out that Utah, along with 3 or 4 other states (Wa, Or, and Az, I think.), offers resident tuition to illegal aliens. While I was living off of $20 every two weeks because I had to pay the $5,000 out-of-state tuition plus housing, Jose and Roserita were enjoying only having to pay $1,200 (not to mention the scholarships they can get because of their ethnicity). I was told that I fell through all the cracks for eligibility and that it was gong to take close to 3 years for me to gain residency.
Today I learned that the Obama administration is considering making this a nationwide policy to expedite the citizenship process. I wonder what the dollar amount in subsidies this has cost taxpayers. Someone please explain the rationale for this. I am a life long U.S. citizen and if I legally cross state lines for an education I get stuck paying 300% more than someone from that state, yet if Paco crosses into this country illegally he can choose from many schools and is counted as a resident of those states. Please tell me how this is change I can believe in.
Do we realize yet that the rights that people have bled for are being taken away everyday under a banner of change. This is only one instance, America as we know it is being taken away bit by bit. Does anyone see a similarity here with what happened in Book of Mormon times? Men with silver tongues lead the people to destruction. Tell me I am wrong, tell me why I am wrong, and tell me you don't see that we are headed down a slippery slope. Revolutions have started over less than what we are accepting day by day. Today I found out I was ripped off; today was a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment