Friday, April 10, 2009

Insert Creative or Quriky Title here...

From Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My wife is extremely busy with with work and has very little time at the end of the day to get on here and write. So for the time being I will fill in the gaps and keep this thing going. We are in a little bit of a transitional phase right now. Kari and I have been married for 1 year 9 months now and we have always had a plan. (This is the part where the screen goes wavy and the transition to the past happens.) We lived in St. George Utah when we were first married. I had a job at a steel fabrication making less than the kids that sell chikletts in Tijuana. We both needed to finish school and since I fell through the cracks as far as residency goes in Utah and fell through the cracks for federal aid because I had a job, (needless to say I'm still a little bitter) we decided to move back to WA here Kari had residency and was accepted to a dental assisting program. She graduated from that program in June. During this time I have been working for a mortgage broker here in Chehalis. Bless my wife for putting up with that because it has been a rough year in the mortgage business, but somehow we have made it and have been able to close enough deals to remain floating, we have been blessed.
So now the next phase of the plan, I have about 1.5 years left of school and I am convinced more than ever that it is nearly impossible to get ahead in life without a degree. There are those that make it but it is a fight the whole way, I have experienced that fight for the last 8 years of my life and it is not fun. We are trying to get into BYU-I, I know, me at BYU, I get it, ha ha. These schools simply cannot be beat when it comes to bang for your buck. So it looks like we will be moving to Rexburg Idaho for the winter semester. We are excited to move on. We have some family and friends there which makes it that much more appealing. So that's about it for now. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment