Friday, April 10, 2009

It's been a while...

From Sunday, March 8, 2009

I was looking at our pathetic little page here and noticed the last time we put anything on here was in November, we suck! Not a whole lot has happened since then, I am back in school and Kari is working as a Dental assistant. I am still "working" for Horizon Mortgage but if you haven't had your head in a hole you know that my industry is hurting right now, comatose would be a better word. We are still planning on going to BYU-I hopefully this fall so I can finish up my business degree. Kari loves here job and is really good at what she does, a perk of having a wife in the dental business is that I can get work done for free so I get to see her in action.
I have tried to keep a level head about where it seems our country is headed; I wanted to at least give our President a fair chance. Obama has promised big and it seems that those who support him are okay with what he says is his "best". I understand that the task that our President has before him is a great one, but he made promises that he has no way of fulfilling. It seems that he has spent more time backing out of promises than he has spent fixing the problems. I am no economist, but I do not understand how spending 3 trillion dollars will cut our deficit in half. There are economic theories that suggest that spending money can remove a counties debt but I don't grasp the logic.
I also have a problem with the tax policies that are coming out. America is and always has been a country where hard work was rewarded with success. I agree that as citizens we all need to pitch in, but I do not support the new governments Robin Hood approach to taxing. We need to encourage entrepreneurship and investing right now and increasing taxes is not the way to do that. If a man is successful he should have to pay his share, not make up for those that refuse to work. I know I am not the only one that thinks these things are messed up, I could go off on the fact he wants to take away our gun rights, is for socialized medicine, centralized banks, tax us based on how many miles we drive, bail out those that ignorantly got into bad loans, and wants to grow the government so big there will be a tax for taking a poo! What happened to the country we used to know? He has a chance to do good, but I believe that Barack Obama is an evil man that intends to take away our fundamental American rights. I guess it comes down to one question, do we work to sustain the government or is our government supposed to work to sustain us? I believe the founding fathers meant for the latter to be the case. I have to stop, hope this has made a little sense. I am scared for our country, and pray that somehow they can hear the lord’s voice over their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment